RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE SEAGULLS OVER BURWASH SUPPORTERS CLUB
Adopted 28th January 2011
Amendment (1.) 19th June 2019
1 The club shall be called Seagulls Over Burwash; its aim shall be:
a) To provide sustainable transport to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club’s
Amex stadium by arranging coach travel on match days
b) To forge links with Brighton & Hove Albion’s official charity “Albion In The
Community” known as AITC. A charitable organisation which works within the
community in promoting grass-root football teams as well as health, wellbeing
and educational schemes.
c) To meet…..
d) To promote……
2. Membership shall be open to anyone interested in football and the community, who
supports the aims of the Club. Membership shall commence from the date of dispatch of an appropriate acknowledgement letter from an authorised officer of the the Club. A member will be an individual who had paid an annual subscription in accordance with
3. The annual subscription shall be payable on joining. The level of subscriptions shall be
fixed by the Club at its Annual General Meeting and become payable at a date advised
by the Executive Committee. Any member whose subscription has not been received by the dates advised by the Executive Committee shall be deemed to have resigned unless the Executive Committee shall decide otherwise.
4. Not at any time will the use of banners or flags be allowed that can be deemed as
discriminatory, racist or offensive.
The Executive Committee may by notice expel any member who shall offend against the Rules, or whose conduct shall in the opinion of the Executive Committee render them unfit for the membership of Club. Before any member is expelled the Secretary shall give them 7 days written notice to attend a meeting of the Executive Committee, and shall inform them of the complaints made against them. No member shall be expelled without first having an opportunity of appearing before the Executive Committee, and answering complaints made against them.
OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
5. The Officers of the club provided by these rules shall be Chairman, Secretary and
Treasurer. The Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and any other officers shall be elected
annually at the Annual General Meeting, and shall hold office until the next Annual
Annual General Meeting.
6. The Executive Committee shall consist of :-
a) The Officers of the Club
b) Not less than 1, nor more than 6, other members (elected committee
members) to be elected by the Club in General Meeting.
7. The Executive Committee shall meet at least three times in every year and shall at its
first meeting after the Annual General Meeting fix the quorum for its subsequent meetings until a new quorum is fixed under this rule. It may fill any casual vacancies in the Executive Committee, or in the appointment of Auditors, and it may co-opt any other
member or members provided that the number of co-opted members does not exceed three at any one time.
8. The management and control of affairs, funds and property of the Club shall be in the hands of the Executive Committee (constituted in rule 6). The Executive Committee shall have full power of interpretation of the Rules, and shall decide all questions as to their
9. Nominations for the election of elected Committee members must be made in writing
and received by the Secretary not later than 21 days before the date of the Annual
General Meeting; but nominations may be made at the meeting in respect of any
vacancies for which written nominations have not been received. If the number of
nominations exceeds the number of vacancies, voting shall be by ballot by the members
present at the meeting.
10. At the annual General Meeting each year, all officers and other members of the Executive Committee shall retire, and shall be eligible for re-election. The Chairman,
Secretary and Treasurer, after five years in such office, shall not be eligible for re-election
to such office for the following year unless the Annual General Meeting decides otherwise.
11. The annual accounts to be verified by an independent authorised officer/company as appointed by the Executive Committee.
The financial year shall end on the 31st May each year.
12. An Annual General Meeting shall be held at least once in each year on a date and at a
place to be determined by the Executive Committee, which shall present a report of its
proceedings, the affairs of the Club and an audited Statement of Accounts.
13. The Executive Committee may at any time and the Secretary shall on written request of
any 20 members of the Club, stating business for which it is required, convene at not
less than one months notice an Extraordinary General Meeting for any specific purpose,
and the notice shall state the business to be transacted at the meeting.
14. The quorum for a General Meeting shall be the number of the full committee plus three
except at the inaugural General Meeting where it shall be six, and matters shall be decided by a simple majority of those attending and voting, and in the case of equality
of votes the Chairman of the Meeting shall have second and casting vote.
15. No alteration or addition to these rules (except so far as the same are reserved to the
Executive Committee or to the Club in General Meeting under these Rules) shall be
made except by resolution passed by a three quarters majority of those present and
voting at a General Meeting.
16. Notice of every General Meeting with the agenda shall be sent either by post or email to
each member whose address is known to the Secretary at least fourteen days before the date of the meeting. Any member wishing to propose at the Annual General Meeting any
alteration of the Rules, or any other business of importance shall notify the same to the
Secretary at least one month before the Annual General Meeting. The Secretary shall
include notice of such proposition in the Agenda of the Annual General Meeting where
such proposition is to be discussed.
CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & DONATIONS
17. The Executive committee shall have the right to approve all reasonable capital expenditure in the day to day running of the said club without further reference.
The Executive Committee will decide upon the nature of all donations to charitable
organisations or worthy causes, and its recommendations will be laid before the
members of the club at the Annual General Meeting or any Extraordinary General
18. Following the implementation of the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
the ‘Club’ (Seagulls Over Burwash) will not divulge data of its members that is held by the
Club and used for the purposes of running the Club.
Personal data held by Seagulls Over Burwash is restricted to:
Title and name
Address and post code
Brighton & Hove Albion Fan Number
Age category (for ticketing purposes)
Additional data gathered during the running of the supporters’ club may include:
Record for attendance on coaches
Record of attendances at meetings and events
Photographic records of meetings and events
None of the above information will be shared with any third party without the express
permission of the members concerned. None of the above information will be used for
purposes other than the running of Seagulls Over Burwash.
The contact information details of Seagulls Over Burwash members was collected from the
membership forms completed by members upon joining the Club. This information is
required by the Club to communicate with the members. By providing this information, the
members granted Seagulls Over Burwash permission to contact them via email and/or
19. The club’s (SOB) commitment is to uphold the rules and regulations set out in the Equality
Act that came into force on 1st October 2010 which discriminates individuals from unfair
treatment and promotes a fair and more equal society. No member or individual will be
unfairly discriminated by the club on the grounds of :
* Gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment)
* Race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national (origin)
* Sexual orientation
* Religion or belief
* Association to any of the above
We also aim to eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment by
* Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
* Treating all members fairly and with respect.
* Membership that is open to all.
* Vacancies to the committee will be advertised to everyone and will include a statement
on equal opportunities.
* All Members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents
of discrimination against any individual or groups of individuals.
* Ensuring that at our meetings and events are fully accessible to all groups and individuals.
having a consideration for affordability in organising events.
* To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all of our
members are recognised and valued.
* Every member is entitled to be part of an environment the promotes dignity and respect to
* No form of unfair discrimination, intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
* Breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could
lead to Membership disqualification.
* This policy is fully supported by the club’s officers and agreed by members.
* We shall monitor this policy and review it annually.
* For the successful implementation of this policy depends on its awareness and
commitment by all.All new members joining the club will be made aware of its
existence on joining.
20. The Club can be dissolved by a resolution passed by a three-quarters majority of those
present and voting a General Meeting. In such case, its net assets after payment of all
expenses shall be given to a charity or charities nominated by the last Executive